Print Room Production Specialist
- Columbia , SC, USA
- Full Time
Description: This position is responsible for the operation and completion of large format print projects as well as reprographic printing for architectural and engineering customers in the print room. This position will also will assist with other office duties such as shipping and receiving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Always be a "professional thinker", problem solver, and never stop learning.
• Scan and modify (if needed) large format black and white drawings to file as PDF or TIFF file formats.
• Print large format black and white drawings from file, email, or scan/print from hard copies.
• Scan small format black and white specification manuals to file (similar to large format) using various Canon products.
• Print small format color copies using Canon products.
• Interact with all employees and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
• Provide customer assistance in placing orders both in person and over the phone, provide suggestions and fill orders.
• Manage and monitor color printing orders from initial receipt through delivery to customer.
• Monitor images and proofs to ensure accuracy of customer's requests and a seamless transition through the finishing phase.
• Immediately alert customer as well as the appropriate sales executive to any problems with art files or images.
• Complete all necessary printing (including but not limited to large format digital printing) and/or finishing.
• Manage the shipping and receiving function for the Greenville location.
• Assist all other departments in answering questions about job setup and printing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited organization.
• Valid and active state driver's license and safe driving record.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
• Ability to use computers, software applications, copiers and printing equipment.
• Experience using different printing programs including but not limited to Acrobat, Photoshop and AutoCad is preferred.
• Previous experience in a fast-paced, "rush order" environment.
• Previous experience with large format digital printing, as well as graphic design and prepress is preferred.
• Must have knowledge and experience using networks and different file formats.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to change.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
• Ability to work standing up to 75 percent of time.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.