3D Printing Field Service Technician
- Greenville, SC, USA
- Full Time
Description: TPM is the Southeast's leading technology provider for the Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Manufacturing industries. We are seeking a talented and self-motivated individual with experience in 3D modeling, mechatronics, additive technology, or similar 3D printing technologies. Experience with HP or Markforged printers is preferred. Strong computer and networking experience or certifications a plus.
In addition, TPM is looking for a candidate who is a Thought Leader in their industry, who is ready to join our world-class team of technicians and engineers. TPM's technical support team is a group of highly supportive individuals who strive to help each other while providing superior customer support. Continuing education in all aspects of our profession is highly encouraged because at TPM we "never stop learning."
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Travel regionally, with some overnights, to our customers' facilities to perform maintenance on hardware.
• Provide technical expertise and advice to customers, potential customers, and sales professionals.
• Diagnose, install, and repair hardware and software for our customers at their facilities.
• Provide superior customer service and communicate clearly with customers and colleagues alike.
• Verify if equipment is functioning properly by completing test operations; making final adjustments.
• Document service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
• Comply with regulations by adhering to codes, specifications, and rules.
• Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
The successful candidate will have:
• 2-year technical degree in mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, additive technology, or similar field. 5+ years of relevant experience in mechatronics or additive technology will be considered.
• Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
• Advanced experience in using computer operating systems, smartphone technology, and remote data reporting software.
• Knowledge in Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) and/or Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) preferred.
• Knowledge of fundamental network infrastructure preferred. • Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform activities such as walking, kneeling, squatting, prolonged standing, and stooping.
• Advanced knowledge of hand tools, test equipment, and personal protective equipment.
• Comfortable working in collaborative teams.
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
About TPM: Founded in 1973 in Greenville, SC serving the MFG & AEC markets, TPM has now grown to cover the Carolinas and Georgia in several industries, including AEC, Manufacturing, and Marketing. TPM offers design solutions focused on BIM, Project Management, Sustainability & Digital Prototyping, as well as output solutions including B/W and Color for both large format and small format, and services to support, implement, and train. TPM was voted one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina in 2019.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts