Digital Archiving Technician
- Charlotte , NC, USA
- Full Time
Description: This position is responsible for converting archival material to digital format using large and small high-resolution scanners. This position may also assist with other office duties such as printing, shipping, receiving, and customer service through walk-in, phone, email, and online interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Always be a "professional thinker", problem solver, and never stop learning.
• Convert archival materials to digital format using high-resolution scanners.
• Scan and modify (if needed) large-format, black and white drawings to file as PDF or TIFF file formats.
• Properly handle and prepare archival documents for scanning.
• Scan small-format, black and white specification manuals to file (similar to large-format) using various Canon products.
• Constant interaction with PDF, JPEG, TIFF and other programs, software, and formats.
• Interact with all employees and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
• Provide customer assistance in placing orders, both in person and over the phone, providing suggestions and filling orders.
• Provide superior customer assistance with understanding the scanning process and what is involved in person or through phone, email, or online interaction.
• Assist all other departments in answering questions about job setup and scanning.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work environment.
• Other duties as assigned such as assisting print room staff, shipping, and receiving.
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited organization.
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
• Ability to use computers, software applications, scanners, copiers, and printing equipment.
• Previous experience in a fast-paced, "rush order" environment.
• Previous experience with large-format digital scanning and printing, as well as graphic design and prepress is preferred.
• Must have knowledge and experience using networks and different file formats.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to change.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to perform activities such as walking, kneeling, squatting, and stooping.
• Ability to work while standing, up to 85 percent of the time.
About TPM: Founded in 1973 in Greenville, SC serving the MFG & AEC markets, TPM has now grown to cover the Carolinas and Georgia in several industries, including AEC, Manufacturing, and Marketing. TPM offers design solutions focused on BIM, Project Management, Sustainability & Digital Prototyping, as well as output solutions including B/W and Color for both large format and small format, and services to support, implement, and train. TPM was voted one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina in 2019.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.