Assembly and Delivery Specialist
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Full Time
The Assembly and Delivery Specialist is responsible for all in-shop set-up, ensuring all equipment is accurately assembled and ready for delivery by a scheduled time and date. Working closely with our Customer Experience Team to schedule delivery of equipment to our customers. The A&DS will be required to drive a company owned box-truck with attached lift gate. The A&DS will ensure all documentation is maintained and properly entered into company systems for inventory tracking, billing, and accounting. The A&DS will also work directly with the Charlotte, North Carolina Reproduction Team to deliver reproduction jobs and supplies to our customers when necessary.
• Assemble various type models and brands of copiers and Wide Format units.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
• Works closely with Customer Experience Team when equipment has been set-up and is ready for delivery.
• Attention to detail, knowledge of the equipment requests and correct configuration.
• Pre-Installation of new equipment consists of removing packing from equipment being assembled and installing accessories as indicated on the configuration sheet.
• Testing new equipment for performance and copy quality.
• Documents and tags all in-coming and out-going equipment.
• Load, un-load equipment into TPM delivery truck for deliver to TPM customers.
• Responsible to receive and stock warehouse levels of paper and supplies.
• Responsible for maintaining performance at a level which help to achieve the DPS overall metric targets.
• Ability to work under stress; prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Typically requires general education and/or vocational training but not required.
• Knowledge of equipment requests and correct configurations.
• Prior warehousing experience required.
• Logistics skills in warehousing, tracking, and delivering preferred.
• Basic understanding of internet environments. A high level of computer skills needed.
• Superior customer relations, communication and customer satisfaction skills required.
• Will require travel in and out of TPM's normal territory.
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required.
• Must be able to lift 70 pounds to maintain loading parts and supplies into and out of vehicle. Frequently required to lift with hand truck or other lifting equipment up to 300-pound office equipment and machines to deliver to customers over different surfaces to include stairs, as necessary.
• Ability to operate forklift, pallet jacks, stair climbing hand trucks, and other devices.
• Ability to use cutting tools to unbox equipment.
• Ability to use manual and or cordless screw gun and nut driver.
• On-going training and technical certifications are conducted on a regular basis throughout your career as an assembler.
About TPM: Founded in 1973 in Greenville, SC serving the MFG & AEC markets, TPM has now grown to cover the Carolinas and Georgia in several industries, including AEC, Manufacturing, and Marketing. TPM offers design solutions focused on BIM, Project Management, Sustainability & Digital Prototyping, as well as output solutions including B/W and Color for both large format and small format, and services to support, implement, and train.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.