3D Printing Lab Specialist
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Full Time
Description: TPM is the Southeast's leading technology provider for the Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Manufacturing industries. The 3D Printing Lab Specialist is responsible for the growth and maintenance of TPM's 3D printing lab in Charlotte. An individual in this role must be highly motivated and technically savvy. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with a passion for 3D printing and technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage several projects at once, using industry standard modeling tools. This includes being responsible for all aspects of the 3D print job; from quoting customers, intake to materialization, segmentation, print, post 3D print processing to remove support structure, to the final packaging and delivery of the 3D print job to the client.
• Manage inventory levels of all supplies; this includes ordering, confirming stock availability with vendors, restocking of inventory, rotating date specific 3D printer materials, and updating material cost reports.
• Efficiently resolve customer questions and inquiries by analyzing quality issues and arranging reprints when needed.
• Collaborate with the design team and sales team in order to ensure the integrity of the printed design and manage project quality throughout. This may include reviewing design specifications, troubleshooting issues, and build management, all while managing daily production schedule to ensure all project milestones and deadlines are met.
• Responsible for upkeep of the equipment. Ensure equipment is running optimally (3D Printing and post-processing equipment) and properly cleaned between builds. Perform routine diagnostics tests.
• Maintain a clean and organized working environment. Adherence to all safety procedures and wear proper PPE.
• Properly package finished parts for shipping to ensure protection and customer experience.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict delivery deadlines while managing a large number of different orders at the same time.
• Engineering background or technical knowledge of other manufacturing technologies such as CNC, Sheet Metal, or Injection Molding preferred.
• A strong work ethic and desire to improve efficiency and workflows.
• An ownership mindset - you stick with an issue until it's solved.
• A desire to continually advance technical knowledge and hands-on ability.
• Strong written and verbal English language skills.
• Problem solving.
• Strong customer service mindset.
• Ability to safely work with enclosed sandblasting equipment. Standing for extended periods and wearing proper PPE.
• A valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts